2020 CHEVY TRAVERSE GAS MILEAGE
Is your San Antonio family in serious need of a spacious new ride? If you’re always on the go and are searching for an SUV that won’t require you to sacrifice interior space for fuel-efficiency, look no further than the 2020 Chevrolet Traverse! The standard 3.6L V6 engine featured on the Traverse allows you to enjoy faraway adventures without worrying about where the nearest gas station is located. Depending on your choice of a rear-wheel or all-wheel drivetrain, the Chevy Traverse gas mileage will vary slightly. Learn more with the team at Northside Chevrolet, below!
Chevy Traverse MPG: Explore Drivetrain Options
Your new Chevy Traverse can be equipped with standard front-wheel drive or an upgrade to all-wheel drive if your New Braunfels commute calls for it. Depending on your choice of drivetrain, however, the Chevy Traverse mpg ratings will vary ever so slightly:
- 2020 Chevy Traverse w/ Standard FWD: EPA-estimated 18 mpg city/27 mpg highway
- 2020 Chevy Traverse w/ Available AWD: EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/25 mpg highway
The difference in the Chevy Traverse gas mileage between drivetrains is not too drastic, but some Boerne drivers will appreciate those extra miles per gallon when they choose to stick with the standard FWD.
Learn More About the Traverse Engine
The standard engine across all trim levels of the 2020 Chevy Traverse is a 3.6L V6 paired with a smooth-shifting 9-speed automatic transmission and automatic start/stop technology. Though it is efficient, it is also plenty powerful! Check out more details on the V6 performance specs that have earned the Traverse rave reviews, right here:
- 310 hp
- 266 lb-ft of torque
- 5,000-pound maximum towing capacity
Chevy Traverse MPG: Fuel-Saving Features
There are several features on the 2020 Traverse that contribute to its competitive fuel economy, including engine technology innovations to a Traction Mode Select system. Take a closer look at these features, below:
- Intelligent Start/Stop Technology: Requiring no action on your part, this feature automatically turns the engine off when you’re stopped at an intersection to save gas. As soon as you release your foot from the brake, the engine automatically starts back up.
- Nine-Speed Automatic Transmission: This smooth-shifting transmission switches between gears seamlessly; with no lag comes greater fuel-efficiency!
- Traction Mode Select: This feature allows you to make real-time adjustments to your SUV’s drive mode based on the current conditions, ensuring it is never over-compensating and wasting fuel in the process.
Get Behind the Wheel With Northside Chevrolet!
Ready to start taking advantage of the 2020 Chevy Traverse gas mileage during San Antonio commutes? Contact us at Northside Chevrolet to set up a test drive today. We can show you how to use features like Traction Mode Select and introduce you to our current savings opportunities on a new Traverse. If you’d like to seek pre-approval for financing, we invite you to apply online today!