ALL-NEW 2019 CHEVY SILVERADO 1500: A TOWING LEGEND ARISES
It’s official: The new ’19 Silverado 1500 specs plug Chevy’s most popular pickup into “pack leader” position. Full of pep and peppered with tech-heavy perks, the Silverado is the preeminent pickup that tackles any project with aplomb.
Or, to put it simply, the 2019 Silverado 1500 is Chevrolet’s strongest, most advanced full-size truck ever made, and it’s available for sale and lease right now at our San Antonio Chevy dealership. Here’s all you need to know about this half-ton towing icon.
2019 Silverado 1500 Trim Levels
Let’s start our Silverado review with the basics: The all-new 1500 is available in 8 different trims.
• The Silverado Work Truck (WT) is the base model, which comes standard with 12 Durabed tie-downs, a blackened front grille and exterior accents, the Ecotec3 4.3-liter V6 engine, Rear Seat Reminder, Teen Driver, and a sticker price of $32,300.
• Next up is the Silverado 1500 Custom truck. It includes a 7.0-inch color touchscreen, “signature” LED taillights, one all-body exterior color, custom 10-inch silver-aluminum wheels, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. MSRP begins at $34,600.
• The Silverado 1500 LT trim comes with a chrome split-bumper and mirror caps, an upgraded 8-inch touchscreen display, 17-inch Bright Silver aluminum wheels, a 2.7L Turbo engine that makes 31- hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, and LED daylight running lights. All this can be had for $36,900.
• Keyless open and start, fog lamps, cargo lighting, 18-inch Bright Silver aluminum wheels, and sporty all-body-color accents make up the Silverado 1500 RST model, which is priced at $38,800.
• With a starting price of $39,500, the Custom Trail Boss Silverado comes with glossy black trim, 2-inch suspension lift, an upgraded Autotrac® 2-speed transfer case, 18-inch black wheels, red towing hooks, as well as the Z71 Off-Road package (special DuraTrac off-road tires, Rancho shocks, solid skid plates, and more).
• An upgrade to the LT, the 2019 Silverado LTZ has a starting price of $43,000 and includes a chrome front-end and door handles, power-folding side mirrors, perforated leather seats, rear wheelhouse liners, EZ Lift tailgate assist, and an advanced trailering package.
• The LT Trail Boss, with an MSRP of $48,300, includes the Z71 Off-Road Package, upgraded Ecotec3 5.3-liter V8, dual exhaust, an 8-speed automatic transmission, heated outside mirrors, and a snazzy black Chevrolet icon on the front grille.
• The range-topping new Silverado High Country model comes with chrome side steps, built-in dual exhaust outlets, two-tone bronze accenting, HID headlamps, 10-inch machined wheels, and a Silverado tailgate with an industry-first first Power Up/Down feature. The sticker price of the High Country begins at $53,000.
Across most trims, you’ll have the option to include the following available features:
• Head-up display
• Segment-first storage compartments built into the rear seatbacks
• 4G LTE Wi-Fi
• Chevrolet Connected Access system
• Drive Mode selector
• 10-speed automatic transmission
5 Silverado Engines
The all-new Silverado comes with 5 different powertrains, including:
• 6.2L V8 (420 hp/460 lb-ft of torque)
• 5.3L V8 (355 hp/383 lb-ft of torque)
• 4.3L V6 (285 hp/305 lb-ft of torque)
• 2.7L Turbo (310 hp/348 lb-ft of torque)
• 3.0L Duramax® Turbo-Diesel
2019 Silverado Towing Capacity & Bed
The Silverado’s high-strength Durabed offers 20% more cargo space (81.9 cubic feet total) and 3 times more tie-downs than any other truck, making the Silverado one of the most functional pickups on the market.
Convenient features like an available 120V outlet, perimeter cargo lighting, and beefy CornerStep footwells make any job easier. The Silverado tailgate is also one mighty fine feature; it offers two power liftgate options in its Power Release system – use your key fob or a touchpad on the liftgate – and available industry-first Power Up/Down system.
Silverado max towing capacity comes in at 12,200 with the Max Trailering Package on the LTZ model. Max payload equals 2250 pounds. Advanced trailering technology includes a rear trailer camera as well as an in-vehicle trailering system that saves specific towing profiles, tests trailer lights, reminds you of needed service or maintenance, and offers a pre-departure checklist for added convenience. There’s even a trailer theft alert system and TPMS.
Let Northside Chevy Help Find Your Silverado in San Antonio
It’s easy to get confused about which truck is best for you. (Crew cab or double cab? Standard bed or short bed? Higher torque or more horsepower?) Don’t be consumed by the details-allow our San Antonio Silverado dealership to lend a hand. For years we’ve been selling Chevy pickups, which makes us the perfect truck dealer to partner with when you begin your search for a new Silverado near New Braunfels.
Contact Northside Chevrolet at (210) 265-6130 to schedule a test drive, request a quote, or discuss your Silverado financing options. You can also stop by our San Antonio Chevrolet dealership at 9400 San Pedro Ave to view our selection of new and used vehicles for sale.